Mountain SKills Progression Map
There are many Mountain Safety Skills you can learn from us. This Decision Tree will help develop skills on your climbing progression.
Summer Course Progression
- Never been in the mountains? Bring your friends for Adventure Rappel
- Never tried rock climbing? Sign up for Try Rock or experience how cool a Via Ferrata Adventure is!
- Are you confident top rope climbing? Sign up for Lead Rock
- Lead climbing and anchor building is feeling pretty good? Multi Pitch Pro or Rock Safe is for you
- Progressing beyond your first few multi pitches and pushing out? Rock Safe Pro
- If sport leads, rescue, and multi pitch climbing are feeling pretty natural it’s time to sign up for Trad Rock
- If you can’t stop dreaming about alpine climbing in the amazing Canadian Rockies Alpine Skills Weekend is for you.
- If you want to refine the skills and tools required to climb in the dynamic alpine environment … Alpine Leadership Week is for you!
Winter Course Progression
- Never been in an ice canyon? Come Explore an Ice Canyon with us and try ice climbing!
- Just getting started or looking for a great opportunity to brush up your skills Try Ice is for you
- Feeling strong, and wanting to climb your very best, while maximizing efficiency? Steep Ice will take you there
- Experienced top rope ice climbers who are climbing well and want to take the sharp end should sign up for Lead Ice
- Our most advanced course is Multi Pitch Ice. Here we combine multi pitch rope work and ice leadership skills.
- Don’t forget to take your AST1 course before you head out onto the bigger lines with snow lurking above.